- Sweet potatoes make a great alternative to bananas as a thickener.
- Sweet potatoes are available as a locally grown food!
- Sweet potatoes pack some serious nutritional benefits: High in potassium and antioxidants as well as fiber. They are considered to be a super food.
- 1.5 cups well cooked sweet potatoes, peeled and chunked (roasted or boiled, but highly mashable)
- 1/2 cup frozen berries such as raspberries or blueberries known for antioxidant values
- 1 cup Almond or rice milk (soy or cows milk work, but contribute to congestion)
- 2 heaping tbs frozen orange juice concentrate (I always add this as sweetener)
- 1 cup hot water
-Dessert: Sub maple syrup for OJ concentrate, frozen mango or peach for berries and add a dash of pumpkin pie spice
-Healthy: Add 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh spinach and 1 tbs ground flax seed for the ultimate "lunch smoothie"
-Tropical: Sub coconut milk (not coconut water, not coconut cream) for other milk, frozen mango for berries and pineapple juice concentrate for OJ concentrate.
Please tell me if you make a Sweet Potato Smoothie, and how it turns out!